Dr. & Mrs. Gerardo Zavala
- Objectives - To assist the Staff with the historical preservation and creation of all company audio/visual materials.
1. Converting previous performance and workshop VHS tapes to DVD and electronic files
2. Convert audio CDs and Records to electronic files
3. Convert photographs to electronic files
4. Create inventory catalogs for all mediums
5. Assist in the creation of performance soundtracks
6. Assist in the communication with music labels to procure music licensing for performances
For more information, fill out the Volunteer Form and an intern application will be sent to you via email. These internships are perfect for college students needing hours for graduation.
Board of Directors
- Objectives - To help support and encourage the artistic talents of a nonprofit youth ballet company through committee work and community engagement.
1. Policy Formulation: Adopt and revise bylaws, Determine agency goals and objectives, Ensure functions of the agency are conducted in a legal and ethical manner, Govern the internal policies that govern the agency
2. Finance: Adopt a budget for the agency's operation, Monitor receipts and expenditures, Manage total assets of the agency for its greatest benefit, Participate in the development of funding sources, Ensure all tax forms are filed
3. Personnel: Adopts personnel policies which govern the administration of personnel; Determine salaries and fringe benefits
4. Volunteer Leadership Development: Recruits and selects members of the board; Responsible for orientation, training and development of board members; Gives appropriate recognition of service to board members
5. Public Relations: Becomes knowledgable of the agency's programs and intreprets programs to community; Remains alert to community reactions to agency and reports them to Board or Artistic Director
6. Evaluation: Evaluates and reviews agency operations and performance against a predetermined set of standards
7. Legal Liability: Handling matters of Conflict of Interest, Contracts, Board Attendance and management
For more information, fill out the Volunteer Form and invitation to a board meeting will be sent to you via email. SAMB is seeking DEDICATED COMMUNITY MEMBERS WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE ARTS.
How volunteering helps the ballet
SA Met Ballet relies heavily on the support of the San Antonio community volunteers. There are a great many ways in which an individual or group can support the company. Some jobs require a creative knack (such as Sewing or Graphic Design). Sometimes we just need another pair of hands to make this organization successful. If EVERYONE helps a little, then a great deal can be accomplished. Volunteer Positions include: Wardrobe Construction and Maintenance * Advertising Committee * Ushering * Fundraising Committee * Historian * Set Design, Construction and Transportation * and Office Support - to name a few! If you have an hour or ten - fill out this form to lend your support.
Official Partner of
SA300 Tricentennial Celebrating
San Antonio for 300 Years
amazon donates 0.5% of eligible purchases
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop at AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of the eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. SA Met Ballet (legal name San Antonio Dance Theatre) has been selected by customers to participate in the program. You can check it by clickinghttp://smile.amazon.com/ch/74-2319589.
You can still make direct purchases through our Amazon.com Associates program widgets to the left. Your shopping expenses won't change, but you will be supporting a worthy cause by shopping through Amazon.com! Thank you for your support!
A Grant from the
John L. Santikos Charitable Foundation Fund of the
San Antonio Area Foundation.